DESCRIPTION OF THE PROCEDURE
Lymphatic drainage, also known as pressure therapy, is a physiotherapy method involving the removal of fluid and byproducts from the intercellular space, improving lymph circulation. It provides active influencing of the lymphatic, venous and nervous systems, relaxing muscles, dilating blood vessels, circulating lymph and distributing it evenly round the human body.
HOW THE PROCEDURE IS PERFORMED?
Hardware lymphatic drainage or pressure therapy is carried out by means of a special suit (for the lower extremities and the abdominal area) with injected compressed air, due to which the therapy takes place. The required pressure is regulated using a computer program. The mode is selected based on the physician's indications and a specific goal, taking into account the characteristics of each patient.
- Chronic venous insufficiency, leg swelling, postoperative or post-traumatic swelling, including after oncological operations, such as mastectomy
- Musculoskeletal system disorders: gout, arthritis, arthrosis, osteochondrosis
- Cellulite, obesity, local adipose tissue deposits, muscle strain
- Constipation, decreased intestinal motor function, abdominal adhesions
- Stress, chronic fatigue syndrome, insomnia.
Deep venous thrombosis, acute neuropathy and plexopathy, acute pulmonary oedema, soft tissue injuries, acute thrombophlebitis, decompensation of cardiovascular diseases, epilepsy, fever, glaucoma, liver and kidney failure, thyroid diseases (hyperthyrosis), infectious diseases, lymphangitis, osteosynthesis and endoprosthetics in the affected area, availability of a cardiac pacemaker, tumours, malignant hypertension.
RESULTS OF THE PROCEDURE
Lymphatic drainage has analgesic, decongestant, and healing effects. It relaxes muscle tissue and enhances metabolism, regeneration, and histotrophic nutrition.
THIS PROCEDURE IS INCLUDED IN THE FOLLOWING TREATMENT PACKAGE DEALS